cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow: Delete container elements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

I was modifying a workflow made by someone else.

I tried to delete unused Workflow container elements.

But got the following message:

"Inherited Elements may not be deleted".

What does that mean, and how do I delete these unwanted elements?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Samant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Execute Transaction PFTC.

Task type = WS

Task = your workflow number

Goto Change mode and click on container.

Select the element you want to delete and click on delete.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aman/Ramki.

Amandeep, i had done what u wrote, that's when I get the error that I am unable to delete the workflow container element.

Ramki -> No, BO is not an inherited one. And i am deleting in PFTC only. It is still in Dev. and not gone to P.

Though one thing is there -> Since I changed the design of the existing workflow, elements which i am trying to delete were being used originally. Does that matter?

If i insert a new workflow element, and delete it, it is okay. But somehow existing elements from previous version I am unable to delete..

any clues ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The container elements are inherited from the template or something like that. You can solve this with tx PFWS, enter the WSnumber and goto tab container, here you can delete the container element. These container elements are the workflow version independend container elements.

Hopefully this helps you.

/Peter

ramki_maley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Samant,

Can you email a screen shot with error message? You can get my email address from my business card. Also you have not answered my question whether the elements you are trying to delete are shown as not used in the WF Builder syntax check.

Thanks,

Ramki Maley

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ramki_maley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Samant,

This is the right forum. I have never come across nor did I hear of this message before. If the workflow being modified is already in Production, my advice is to make sure these elements were not used by any versions of the Workflow in production that may still be in process. That said please clarify if the WF Syntax Check point out the elements you are trying to delete as unused?

If you have not already done it, I suggest you take a look at OSS Note #125400 - Modifying a productive Workflow.

<b>Following added by: Ramki Maley @12:17PM</b>

Are you sure you are trying to delete WF conatiner elements using either the Workflow Builder (SWDD) or the template editor (PFTC)? Looks like the message you are getting is from the Object Type editor (SWO1). If you are trying to delete attributes of a BO sub type, the message is self explanatory. Your sub type inherits the attributes of the original object type - a standard SAP object. You can only delete the attributes that have been defined for the sub type. <u><b>Be absolutely certain before you delete any attribute, that it has never been used in Production Environment</b></u>.

Cheers,

Ramki Maley.

Message was edited by: Ramki Maley

Former Member
0 Kudos

No idea WF gurus ?

btw, if i am asking in the wrong forum, do let me know where is the correct place.

Thanks again .