cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow attachment icon not showing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a help desk question. A user no longer sees the attachment icon in SBWP while others do. This workflow item does have an email and a document attached. Is there a setting I am missing?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ronen_weisz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If a user can't see the attachment and when you look at the same workitem you can, check authorizations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The authorizations have been verified with no issues. It works fine in our QA system, but not in our Prod system. Authorizations are the same. Any other ideas??

ronen_weisz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

kindly add a screen shot of how the workflow screen looks for the user/how the workflow screen looks for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a screenshot of how it looks for the user on our PRD system (no attachment icon present)

This is how it looks for the same user in our QA system (attachment icon is there)

The issue is only occurring in our PRD as stated earlier and it is only occurring for one of our agencies. Our security folks have completed authorizations traces in both systems and there is no information in the trace that would lead us to believe that it is an authorization problem.

The user is able to see attachments in her outbox, but not in her inbox. If she highlights the PO and clicks the "details" icon, the entry for "Attachments Exist" is also not there.

Is there a repository on the back-end in workflow that would store these documents? Maybe there is a broken connection/process from the email being sent to it being saved in said repository??

ronen_weisz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Every user can create attachments, and those can be of any type - doc/pdf/raw (workflow comment) etc.

The problem, I assume, is not with the icon but the creation of the attachment itself before the approval workitem is sent to the user, how are they created?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, the attachments are emails (I assume those are actually workflow comments) that she sends to an agency when additional information is required, etc.... They seem to be created fine because when she sends them to the agency through the workflow they receive them.  It just doesn't show in her inbox that it was sent.

She said that she has never created and attached a document or pdf before. The agency is the one that would upload those types of documents into a different area of the PO. I believe its the services for objects area of the PO where those attachments are viewable and she is able to see those fine.

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amber,

The work item text doesn't show any attachments either, so it would appear there are no attachments. Verify this by manually creating an attachment directly in the inbox. If the icon shows up then there is a problem earlier in the process.

Hope that helps,

Mike