cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workbooks lost after Role transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

I transported a role, which in turn resulted in worksbooks that were created in Production, to be lost.

The workbooks and associated queries were created (by prev. team member) in Production and I was wondering the following:

1) Will the queries still be in Production, even though the workbook is no longer visible? Seems like they are.

2) Are the workbooks still there, only that the link to the role is broken? And is it possible to retrieve the workbooks somehow? (Unfortunately I do not have an excel copy of them). Someone on the forum made mention that they republished the workbook via PFCP...but how??

3) Is it good practice to create workbooks straight in Prod? I have read a few articles and it seems that queries should be done in dev and transported, but no mention was made about workbooks. I would think that the same rule should apply?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanx, Grant.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's not a big problem with creating workbooks in Prod. Just save them under a role.

Best regards,

Eugene

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

to 1) Queries won't be deleted if the workbooks are not visible. You can test it easily in BEx if you try to open the query by it's technical name.

to 2) The workbooks should be avialable, only the link in the role is wrong. Maybe you can find the workbooks on the Multiproviders. Workboks and Queries will only be deleted if the user is authorized to do so or by a transport request where the deletion is written.

to 3) It's no good practice to define the workbooks in production. They can be lost very easily. they should as any other BW object be created in the dev-system and transported to qs and prod.

So what you have to do now is to create the workbooks in dev, put it into your role and then transport the role with the workbooks.

regards,

Jürgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx for the response!

Just a quick question. How do I retrieve the workbook from the Multiprovider?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try the following. Enter the BEx Analyzer with authorization that'll allow you to see all workbooks (SAP_ALL plus (maybe) a particular role(s))->open workbook (in infoarea under particular multiprovider)->save it under the needed role.

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot see how to do this, as there 'infoarea' under open> workbook menu of Bex, only under open>query and then you are not able to see any workbooks?

Anyway I corrected my problem by using trx pfcg and re-adding the reports to the role.

Thanx to all you helped!