cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workbook/query transport from PROD system to DEV system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, everybody, i have a problem, i have a workbook in a PROD system but not in the DEV system, the people that've been on this project before made the changes directly in the PROD system. My boss tells me that i'm not allowed to change anything directly in PROD system, but i have to do right this time: first DEV system, then PROD system.

So, i thought that i could transport from the PROD system to the DEV system and modify it there, and then transport it back to the PROD system. Could you explain me please how could i transport queries and workbooks in BW

P.D. I'm a total noob in BW. Before i was a FI/CO consultant, but there is a shortage of BW experts, so my boss moved me to BW.

Thanx for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey John, good idea, i did as you sad, i exported my Workbook from PROD and then imported it to DEV, but now how can i find it there?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You'll have to have the appropriate role to see the workbook, since workbooks are only stored in Roles or Favorites. You can check table RSRWORKBOOK or RSRWBINDEX to verify that the object was created properly in the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John, thank you for your reply and sorry for the late answer, i was on vacation so i didn't watch the forum.

I can't still understand how can i find this workbook i've imported in DEV, i've looked through the tables you told me but i don't know which name i should look for. After having imported the workbook i didn't get any log with the name of a workbook o something. I looked in a "metadata repository" if there was any new stuff but there isn't.

Do you happened to know how can i copy the workbooks, nut the queries but workbooks

Thank you.

If anybody else have an idea what can i do about all this, please let me know.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kuatroka,

Use the XML export and import to move definitions from one system to another manually. You can export your Query/Workbook from Prod in RSA1 -> Transport connection to an XML file. Then import the XML file from Dev.

Hope that helps.

-John

Former Member
0 Kudos

nobody knows?

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can move workbooks from the Dev to Prod system, but not he queries. So if you have developed just a workbook then you can refresh it in the Dev system and store it there, but if you are talking about a query, then you will have to re-develop it in the Dev system.

Hope this helps...