cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workbook doesn't pick up latest version of query automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

has anyone come across the problem in BI7 where an alteration to a query already existing in a workbook is not automatically picked up.

My workbook continues to use the old version of the query, unless I remove it and respecify it within the workbook.

Is there something I should be doing to tell the workbook to pick up the latest version?

Thanks

Hayley

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

despite trying right mouse click all over the result area, and looking in the workbook settings I cannot find the tab and option that you describe, is there any other way of getting to this setting?

Thanks for picking up this so quickly.

Regards

Hayley

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hayley,

When you right click on your query in the workbook - do you get a properties option?

Regards

Gill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gill

thanks for your response, I can get the properties options screen but I can't see the option I need for this (derr!!!!!)

Can you point me a bit closer?

Thanks

Hayley

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hayley,

No worries - when you select Properties you should get a dialogue box with four tabs. Display - Interaction - Column Width and Information. Select the Interaction one, looks like the Return to Global Definition on refresh is not selected (which is the default).

If you select it, save your workbook and then refresh your query - you should see the current version of your query in the workbook.

Regards

Gill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Save the workbook and see the results when the query is refreshed again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the result area of the workbook rightclik and go to properties.....

In the properties window go to the interaction tab and check mark refresh when query is changed

Regards

N Ganesh