cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workbook and Roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Scenario: We created a role(Z_role) and assigned to one user in dev server and transported into prod..Its working fine.

The user created few of his own workbooks in Production server.

Now if i create few workbooks in development server and assign them to that role(Z_role) and transport it to the production, what will happen to the work book that a user created in Production server.

1. After successfully importing the request in target server, Workbooks that are created in prod server will be deleted? or ......

I read about RSWB_ROLES_REORG..but i am not clear with that.

2. Is there any other way delete the workbook other then using function module?

thanks in advance

REgars

Annie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Annie,

i think that workbooks in prod won't be deleted but won't assigned to your role.

you mean you prefer to delete workbook not use function module ?

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

<i>request is transported with overwritng option they will be overwritten.</i> where is this overwrite option availalbe in transport request?

<i>i think that workbooks in prod won't be deleted but won't assigned to your role.</i>.If is not assigned to a role, still will the user able to use those workbooks that are created in production?

Regards

Annie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

'overwrite option' is not our business, BASIS will do that. It will not be available in transport connection.

If the workbooks are not assigned to the role the user will not have authorisation to view the workbooks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Annie,

If the user created his own workbooks, were they saved as his favorites, or were they saved to the Z_Role? It is not possible to give the technical name of the workbook. You can only give the decsription and the system creates the technical name.

If the workbooks were saved as favorites, then they will not be "lost" after transporting the Z_Role with the workbooks. If the user saved the workbooks in production to the Z_role, then they will be removed from the role after transport, but will not be deleted from the system. They'll still be hanging around. It is a good idea to note the technical names and then reinsert the workbooks into the role after transport. You can also save a copy of the existing production workbooks to your local system. After transport is done, just refresh these workbooks in the production system and add them back to the Z_role.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have the workbooks created by the user with same name and if the request is transported with overwritng option they will be overwritten. If they are not with same technical name they will not be overwritten. You need to transport even the role I believe.

Deleting workbook thru function module is recommended.

Get back in case of doubts.

Thanks.