cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIS 30902 Error when opening a webi document from Rich client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When I try to open a webi document from local folder or import from CMS in Webi Rich client, I get the following error message.

"An error occured while checking the document security. (WIS 30902)"

Has any one come across this issue?

Thanks,

KartheeK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem. The webi documents already had 'Save for all user' and "remove document security' checked. I had also delete all the files in the LocData folder as per Douglas mentioned, but still the problem persist.

In my case, after numerous of trying, I found that I am able to open the files with following steps: -

1. Click on New Document - Browse for more data source

2. I cancel the Data Source selection message box

3. Browse and open the Webi Document again

I am using Webi version RC 12.1.0.882.

Former Member
0 Kudos

MahHoong,  your solution worked for me.

Thanks!

Liliana

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our case, we could initialize Webi Rich Client (Webi RC) successfully , but later we found that any disruption in Webi RC client connection will corrupt the client ..\LocData files used by client to dock to the CMS, causing WIS 30902 error. At first we thought just deleting the ..\LocData Client .lsi files fixed it. Unfortunately, there are a collection of files and folders in ..\Loc Data involved in the authentication. We already found that complete deinstall of Webi RC didn't work. Now we know the problem is in the \My Business Objects Documents\LocData values. Deinstall of Webi RC does not delete them.

It sounds scary, but isn't. The Webi RC will download the refreshed files it needs automatically from the CMS. However, it won't overwrite the old bad ones, and you have to do that manually.

Solution.

1. Logout of Webi RC. Make sure it is not running in taskmgr.
2. Go to the client ..\My Business Objects Documents\LocData folder.
3. Delete all the files and folders, or rename by adding .bak extension.
4. Logon with Webi RC
5. Corrupt files will now be resynchronized to CMS
-Doug Grant, Haworth BI / Business Objects Architect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Douglas,

As suggested, I tried deleting all the files in folder ..\LocData

But no luck...

I'm still not able to open any document through Webi RC..

The error still persists...

Regards,

Chitra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kartheek,

I have came across this error and it is mainly due to loss of connectivity of rich client (company network) from the server (client network).

In my case this error prompts whenever connectivity it lost between rich client and the server as I am using the VPN to connect to the client network. If you wants to open the document in other network then while saving the report you have to check the option save for all user and remove document security.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I have tried removing the security and saving for all users options. Still , the issue persists. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks,

KartheeK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am facing the same error. Is there any solution for that? The error code is not even in the XI3 error message guide.

Thanks

Nargisse