cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIS 10901 error occurred while refreshing a Webi report based on SAP BW datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to run a Webi XI R 3.1 report which is based on SAP BW datasource. We have the OLAP universe for the same created. On executing the report I get the error:

Database error occurred. The database error text is: The supplied XML is invalid[4FRHF28BLYAK9F99BVZKJ0Z48]. (WIS 10901)

The technical name: [4FRHF28BLYAK9F99BVZKJ0Z48] is for a dimension GL IS Columns in the universe.

I have searched the SCN for similar issues and got few suggestions like the Object/Measure must have been deleted from the SAP BW datasource and I should  refresh the Structure of the OLAP universe so that it is updated as per the SAP BW system.

However, when I do the refreshal of the universe it shows GL IS Columns dimension as Hidden Element. GL IS Columns is the dimension which is being used in the report.

So, now I have two issues.

1. The Database error text in the first instance before universe structure refresh.

2. After universe structure refresh GL IS Columns showing as Hidden Element and the report running endlessly and finally getting timed out.

Attached are the screen shots.

Could any one give further inputs or suggestions about it?

Thanks,

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arun_kumar52
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

For your issues please open the relevant Bex query in Query Designer and run it. After the successful execution try to refresh your Universe first then execute your WEBI report.

This will fix your issue.

-ARUN.M.D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

1. I opened the relevant Bex Query in Query Designer and executed it. It was executed successfully.

2. I refreshed the original Universe. It said "nothing to update".

3. I exported it to CMS.

4. I executed the WEBI report. It gave me the same error as before WIS 10901: Invalid XML supplied.

Then I created a new universe and tried to execute the WEBI report.

Now it is running continuously for a very long time, without any result.

Any suggestions for this?

Regards,

Nitin

arun_kumar52
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Have you used any selections in your WEBI report to run?

As you said the Bex query ran successfully, use the same restrictions in your WEBI report  ( OR ) select the minimal restrictions to test the WEBI report.

-ARUN.M.D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin,

If you are not including this "Object" in your report you mean the report runs fine?

Did you explored the option of re-activating the object and then refresh the universe at BOBJ side.

Is there any risk in doing that?

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

In the Webi report I get the user prompts (optional and mandatory). I have given the same values in the mandatory prompts which were given in the Bex query. The Bex query hardly ran for 10-15mins and gave the result.

However, the Webi report is running endlessly.

I am just not able to understand what must be going wrong with it.

Any other way around to get this working?

Thanks,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

The required object GL IS Columns is an integral part of the report so there is no question of not including this "Object".

How do we re-activate the object?

Thanks,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun & Vivek,

Thanks a lot for the inputs and time. I checked the BEX Query Designer for the related object and saw that the UID in Query Designer was different than that was in the universe object.

I tried to refresh the structure of the BO universe but still the new object UID from BW didn't show up in the BO universe.

So finally I created a new universe and saw that the object UID from BW was reflecting in BO universe.

The report is running fine now.

However, as per the process I need to just refresh the BO universe structure and it should have resolved my issue. This didn't happen.

Any idea why so?

Thanks,

Nitin

Answers (0)