cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Applications in the Enterprise Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have EP 6.0 SP10 based on NW04 installed.

Is there any possibility to integrate Windows Apllications

(Windows 'exe' files) in the Enterprise Portal.

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do You want to start the apps on the server or on the clientside? I guess on the clientside.

If yes, Yout can do this with Javascript, ActiveX, Applets (I'm not shure about this) or on the serverside by changing the response header eg. to open a PDF which is generated by the server....

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe LauninIE will help you:

http://www.whirlywiryweb.com/q/launchinie.asp

It's a small *.dll you install that lets you start applications from a *.html page without asking "are you sure?" every time.

You can then include this *.html page in your portal by using an URL iView.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the tip.

But how can I include the html page in the EP ?

Under which folder I had to put the html page to

start it via URL ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

With LaunchInIE you use JavaScript to launch the actual applications. What we do is write a Java iView that contains links (we use icons) to programs installed locally on each machine. When the user clicks a link (icon) we run the JavaScript that opens the locally installed 'exe' file.

If you have a look at the WhirlyWiryWeb link posted earlier you can see how to use LaunchInIE.

The downside to this is that the .dll has to be installed on each machine and the registry (for each machine) has to be maintained.

You can just write a java iView that has links to locally installed exe's (file://C:/myfolder/myexe.exe) if you like but that will result in a security warning each time. LaunchInIE stops the security warning.

Answers (0)