Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wily Introscope offline no matter what :-(

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

we have a big problem - Wily Introscope is suddenly shown as Offline in step 4 of solman_setup.
I fixed many issues that might have caused this, but now he doesn't have any excuse and still shows offline!

Funny thing is, that with the same settings, it works flawlessly in the Development Solution Manager and we are having the problem in the production system!

Checked a ton of notes - one says to change the port which is nonsense, we have port 6001 and it is fine, I checked the connection with nc. Another note says to update Java for Introscope. But this is totally not clear for me:

1. We do not have the symptom 404 error in IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.log
2. As mentioned - it works perfectly in the development Solution Manager - with exactly the same software
3. Notes 2608940 and 2615293 speaks about replacing Java for Introscope, says that it only supports Java 11 and then gives links to Java 8 ?! Something smells here definitely...

And of course I tried all tricks like restarting Wily, attempting to Discover it again, etc.

Please kindly help us to solve this, as we have 3 systems we have to connect to the Solution Managers. Many thanks!

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

P. S.: I decided to attempt to update the JVM of Wily according to note 2608940. And after that it was finally true, that Wily Introscope is unavailable - it didn't even start with the new JVM version !! All this is soooo frustrating 😕

Vera_Jiang
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Dear Customer,
Vera_Jiang
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Dear Customer, Could you please confirm if you have noticed any errors in the latest solman JAVA defaultTrace? Additionally, I would like to inquire if the wily webview is accessible in your browser.
View Entire Topic
symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vera,

many thanks for your answer. I am gonna check the trace, as you suggested.
Nevertheless, Wily Introscope is perfectly available and fully usable in a browser.

Do you know where is the log for the Discover EM process in solman_setup ?

Thanks again!

Vera_Jiang
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Dear Customer, the wily EM is trying to connect to the solman JAVA system in the failed step, so it's suggested to check latest SOLMAN JAVA defaultTrace under /usr/sap/<SID>/<instance>j2ee/cluster/server0/log/default trace (latest).
symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vera,

I had a look at the defaultTrace logs. They are flooded with this error message:

symon_braunbaer_0-1717080468651.png

However, there is no problem to access the port on OS level:

symon_braunbaer_1-1717080817760.png

Please explain