cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WI_ID missing while launching from Approver (Manager work Items)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Platform: ECC-EHP6 and Portal EP 7.3.

I am having problem while launching the webdynpro application from Managers UWL. The configuration and authorizations are checked thorroughly. The same applications works for EHP5. Kindly please let me know, if there is any other steps or extra configurations that are to be carried out.

Note:  Custom Workflow created.

SWFVISU is correctly configured.

Kindly update.. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jocelyn_Dart
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Adil,

BTW the standard parameter for work item id is _WI_ID - the initial underscore is part of the name.  There is no standard parameter WI_ID.

If this is not the problem then please provide more details, e.g.

a) Whether other work items are launching ok

b) Whether other work items that launch web dynpros are launching ok

c) What is in your SWFVISU entry

d) Whether your web dynpro uses a web dynpro configuration or not

Regards,

Jocelyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn,

Part of URL that has WI_ID parameters are as in below.

WebdynproABAP&DynamicParameter=System%3DECC%26wi_id%3D000000004007%26WI_ID%3Dnull%26System%3DECC%26WebDynproNamespace%3Dsap%26WebDynproApplication%

Please see above URL Launched from the UWL. This has wi_id but the other WI_ID is null, which is not reading the Default handler of the component controller.

This is the new system, and we are checking first UWL entry.

Thanks. Please Revert.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

There was an issue with the SWFVISU. Not aware of the fact that the DYNPARAM is case sensitive in SWFVISU.

WI_ID=${item.externalId}

i had written {item.externalid}. Difference of i-> I. The UWL was not picking the work item ID. Realized it hard way.

Jocelyn_Dart
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Glad you found it...! I find it's best to always assume such things are case sensitive until proven otherwise especially when it comes to portal and other Java related technologies. 

And in case you have future problems in these sorts of areas... there are many of us who could have pointed that out to you straightaway if you had included a screenshot of your SWFVISU task visualization as I suggested.  So do think about providing a little more detail next time you post and that should help speed up resolution.

But glad its sorted now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Sure, Next time i would provide the details with screen shots.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please revert with your valuable suggestions.