cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why download manager load file with 1kb?

shahinmikailov
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Every time when I download installation or SP files with Download Manager (DM) , program downloads additional file with the 1kb size. For example., if I download SPAM SP  ( file name KD73159.SAR) program downloads two files with the same name :

KD73159.SAR - normal size

KD73159 - 1kb (w/o file extension)

So, does anybody know, for what this file using? I know that we can delete this file and deletion  does not effect to extraction proces.

DM version:  2.1.140a

regards,

Shahin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shahin,

As you have already seen the 1kb file has no impact on the extraction/application of the packages.

For me it looks like the file is used as nothing more than a descriptor of the .SAR file.

When you open any given 1kb file all you will find is a "friendly" description of the downloaded package.

eg: file KD74059 contains "SPAM/SAINT Update - Version 740/0059".

Unless you're really used to doing patching and upgrades, looking at filename KD74059.SAR would tell you nothing about its purpose. Opening the associated 1kb file then tells you what that package is for.

Hope that helps a bit.

KR,

Amerjit

shahinmikailov
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi Amerjit,

think, you are right. I tried also, as you said its just description file.

Thanks a lot

Shahin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahin,

Just to add additional info.

You can disable the download of the descriptions file by going into the "advanced" tab of the download manager configuration and uncheck the tick box "save available descriptions along with the objects data".

KR,

Amerjit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member197078
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shahin,

We aslo had the same problem with DM, You just uninstall the old one and Reinstall with new DM from SAP Market Place, Reconfigure the login it will work.

Regards

SROY

shahinmikailov
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi Sunil,

Thank you for reply, but re-install did not help. We get the same "error" with DM version 2.1.142