cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY do we set up a RFC connection for workflows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys please tell me why do we setup a RFC connection for workflows.

I am getting few dumps for function module IDOC_ERROR_WORKFLOW_START_R in transsactional RFC connection.

Looks like it is because of temporary disconnection.

i want to know what is the relationship of RFC with wirkflows.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marcos_suarezhulet
Participant
0 Kudos

Quoting text in automatic WF customizing transaction (SWU3):

Function

The workflow runtime system always executes its tRFC (transactional RFC) calls on the logical destination WORKFLOW_LOCAL_xxx (xxx stands for the three-digit number of the client).

The workflow runtime system only operates within one client. The naming for the logical destination guarantees that these names are unique across the system.

If you carry out this activity automatically, the logical RFC destination WORKFLOW_LOCAL_xxx is created (if it does not already exist). The user WF-BATCH (system user) is assigned to this destination.

If you belong to the SUPER user group, and the WF-BATCH user does not exist, it is created and automatically gets the maximum authorization of the current user (SY-UNAME). This function is to be performed once by a user who belongs to the SUPER user group.

If you perform this activity manually, you can maintain another system user and another password.

-

In SWU3 you can configure RFC destination.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for reply.

u said

The workflow runtime system always executes its tRFC (transactional RFC)

but what is the need of this trfc execution.?

what is the need of having trfc for workflows?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

TRFC Transactional RFC

Wf-batch is background user for all workflows. Wf-batch always uses trfc for executing any steps.

U can troubleshoot rfc by tcode SM58.

Regards,

Gurprit Bhatia

bhakti2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Abhinav,

did you get answer why we require RFC for workflows ? I have the same question.

thanks

bhakti