cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can I not connect to the Enterprise Portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I downloaded & installed the free trial version of the Web AS 6.40 on my laptop. I developed some test portal application and want to deploy this on the WEB AS server. The message I get is each time :

Unable to connect to the Portal. Operation failed. Connection refused:connect. Please make sure the server localhost:8080 is running.

Settings J2EE Engine

"SAP J2EE Engine is installed on local host" checked

system:J2E

J2EE instance:0

SCS instance: 1

Settings Portal server:

alias: leen

host: localhost

Port: 8080

Login: administrator

Description: test

I started the SAP system with Start->Programs->SAP Management Console, right clicking the system node J2E and selecting start. Does this start also the EP??

What do I wrong?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Leendert,

have you manually switched the port to 8080? By default, the j2ee engine's web server listens on port 50000 (or 50000+ system no*100 if system no != 00). The error "connection refused: connect" tells me, that there is currently no service listening on port 8080.

On windows you can check the currently listening ports by entering netstat -a on the command line. Does 8080 show up there after having started the J2ee engine?

Regards,

Dominik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Leendert,

Start all the nodes in SAP Management Console. All processes and services under all nodes should be 'Green'. If you right click on each node (right pane) you can select Developer Trace and you can check if it started successfully.

Regards,

James