cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why a query from 0Vendor gets one record of # for vendor number and ...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We generated a query whose InfoProvider is 0Vendor. Run the query, find the last row shows # as Vendor number and the description of it is "Not Assigned".

We go to RSA1 -> Goto InfoProvider page -> Locate 0Vendor -> Right click and select Manage to check this 0Vendor master data content, find that most of fields of 1st record are null (including vendor number). Maybe that's the reason that when we run the query, the last row shows # for vendor number and the description is "Not Assigned"? And also we find if we check other master data, 1st records seems to be null as well. That's the way BW was desinged? Wonder why when checking contents of master data, 1st record is null?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

hi Kevin,

yes, if we create new infoobject and no data populated, there will be 1 record with blank value for master data (attribute) but for text table (/bic/T[infoobject]) there will be 0 records.

i think blank value also can come from infopackage setting 'load even no master data'.

hope this helps.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nikhil_chowdhary2
Contributor
0 Kudos

That is the default NULL value given. It is always there so that so as to allow you bring in records which do not have any value for the 0VENDOR column.

If you want to get rid of this entry from your query, there are two ways:

1) Restrict 0VENDOR in your query to "not equal to "#"

2) Set the display to text from key - in this case the "#" is displayed as a blank space (since no text is maintained for this value).

Hope this helps,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Nikhil,

For your 1st option, you mean to set a filter for OVendor, right?

Thanks

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

You can restrict the output of 0VENDOR by excluding the # value. If you do this in the Filter area of the query, you cannot use 0VENDOR in the drilldown. You can also do this in free chars or with the char in the rows (or columns). Or later on in your workbook.

Hope this helps...

nikhil_chowdhary2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Yes, I menat setting a filter for 0VENDOR. But as Bhanu mentioned, you might want to put it in the free characteristics or rows section if you want to be able to drilldown on it.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Bhanu,

Yes, you are right. So we just right click 0Vendor or it's variable in the rows and then pick 'Restrict' selection from the contex menu, right?

Also now we find a similar problem in transaction data as well. When we run a query which shows transaction data, find the last row of purchasing doc number shows '#'. But when we check the contents of it's InfoProvider, an ODS, find that there is no any null value row for this purchasing doc number (which is different that when we check master data content, 1st record shows a null value). Then what would be the reason why the query for the transaction data shows '#' for purchasing doc number?

Thanks

0 Kudos

dear Kevin,

in transaction data, the reason # may there are data that has no text/description, you can try right click 0vendor in query designer, 'properties', set display 'key and text', you may then see the code and text/description.

to eliminate this, you can upload the text for these codes. (from r/3 it's 0vendor_text, if you have data from other source system/flat file, you need to upload the 0vendor text/description)

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi AHP,

When we talk about transaction data, we are talking about purchasing doc number line and that's different issue of master data 0Vendor. Just wonder why when running the query, there is one row of data which shows purchasing doc number as #, it's not related to 0Vendor.

Thanks