cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While trying to read the field '<>' of an object loaded from local variable '<>'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a WD Java application for which the DC is migrated from 7.0 to 7.3. When I trigger an action, the application throws 'while trying to read the field 'cdate' of an object loaded from local variable 'date''. I cant see the log using NWA also. It will be very helpful if somebody helps me out since I cant even track the error.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Sujai,

the error description you gave us is by far not enough. If you are not able to see the NWA logs or debug the application you want to migrate (thats a bit strange work environment for a portal developer, isnt it?) you can only try to "find" the error through code inspection in the NWDS and consulting javadoc. Under this circumstances I dont think you will be able anybody who can help you significant on this.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence,

Thanks for the reply. The DC is already migrated. I tried printing success message in various places of the code in the method which is called on click of a button. Those messages are also not printing. Very weird.

Former Member

The DC is already migrated.

Sujai buddy, from my point of view an application is successfully migrated not only if you can build and deploy it, its migrated if it works well. This is actually not the case, is it?

I tried printing success message in various places of the code in the method which is called on click of a button. Those messages are also not printing. Very weird.

Thats really weird. Try to build more ouput statements

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ha.. finally able to solve. I just removed an unused local variable 'date' which is of the type java.util.Date and deployed.. everything works fine now.

Answers (0)