cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which type of submit button to use?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am struggling with a form which executes BAPI script when user clicks submit. My submit button doesnt do any action for some reason. I dont know if the problem is in the type of submit button am using. Can someone please tell me what is the exact kind of button I need to use?

I see Email Submit button, HTTP Submit button, (just) Button, and there are various categories in Insert Menu like Webdynpro ActiveX, Webdynpro Native etc. If someone can tell me exactly, I would appreciate. Am using developer workplace, Webdynpro with Java.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Narayana,

You have to use the WebDynpro activeX 'Submit' button. Don't forget to assign an action to the onSubmit property of your form in your view. Test it, for instance, by calling a plug to another view.

Check also you have the xACF installed (see SAP note 766191) and that the JCo connections between your J2EE application and your backend are configured properly.

Regards,

Francois

Former Member
0 Kudos

Francois,

Thanks for the reply. I have put a Webdynpro ActiveX Submit button. Now, when I right-click that and go to Object palette, I see 'Control Type' field. By default, it is 'Regular'. Should I leave it like that or should I use 'Submit' or 'Execute'?

Thanks,

Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There's nothing more to configure so you can use it directly. Don't forget to assign an action the property of your interactive form in your web dynpro view.

Regards,

Francois

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lets say I have 2 views, say A and B. I have an interactive form in A. I have also assigned an action for onSubmit method. Inside the implementation code for that action, I have written,

wdThis.wdFirePlugOutPlug();

where OutPlug is the name of the outbound plug on A. I have an inbound plug on B with a navigation link between the two plugs.

Inside the implementation code for inbound plug of B, I have written

wdThis.wdGetAPI().getComponent().getMessageManager().reportSuccess("Test");

When I run the application, my pdf form is displayed in the same browser window. I fill it and click submit and nothing happens. Page is not refreshed to show view B or any other message. I checked default trace in Server0/logs. No errors. Am running out of options. Please help !

One more thing, when I run the application, pdf form opens embedded in the browser window which has view. Thats the way it has to be right?

Also, I have developer work place and I used xACF_NW04s_SP11.exe for installing ACF. Is the ACF version okay or do I need to use some other file?

Also, am using Adobe LiveCycle Designer 7.1. Again is this the right version to use with Developer workplace?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Narayana,

This is normal.

It should be working but it seems you forgot one step (are you sure there's an action assigned to your button in your webdynpro view (event onSubmit)?)

Did you check <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/dc/f1783fe3263042e10000000a114084/frameset.htm">this page on help.sap.com?</a>

For the ACF, it depends on the nw version you're running (I guess you chose the appropriate one...). No problem with the Designer 7.1.

Regards,

Francois

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narayana,

Could you please tell me how you solved your problem? I have placed the WebDynpro ActiveX Submit button on the form and have assigned the action 'Submit' to the onSubmit event of the form.

But still nothing happens when I click the Submit button. How did you solve your problem? By the way cant we use the WebDynpro Java submit button outside the form instead of the button provided by Adobe in the Form Designer?

Please help.

Thanks,

Shobhit