cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which portal application does...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'd like to know what portal application is responsible for the page that displays when I double-click on an iView in the Portal Catalog. Is it some sort of par file that is listed in the Component Inspector?

From my understanding, this is the iView configuration page.

Any suggestions or responses are very appreciated!

Thanks so much,

Baggett

Message was edited by: Baggett Soran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your questions are strange sometimes. I wonder what you are trying to accomplish by doing this, are you trying to rewrite the portal. Anways, the following are your pars.

<b>Par : Component</b>

com.sap.portal.navigation.contentarea.par : default

com.sap.portal.navigation.detailedtree.par : DetailedNavigationTree

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi Baggett,

I think you mean what component creates the editor for the page. If so ...

When you double-click an item in the Portal Catalog, you open up the editor for that object. The editor is determined by the property com.sap.portal.reserved.iview.EditorURL. For a page, the value for this property pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/admin.templates/iviews/editors/com.sap.portal.pageListEditor -- this is what's launched.

This is part of the Editor Framework -- which allows anyone to build an editor for their iView or for iViews built from a specific portal component.

The Editor Framework and the Wizard Framework (which lets you build wizards for creating portal objects from a specific portal components) are documented more fully in SP13 version of the documentation, which is available on the help portal on/about July 25.

If you need more information, let me know.

Hope it helps (and you don;t break your portal)

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash and Daniel, thank you so much for your reponses! and my apologies for my late reply!

I was trying to figure out a way to create some kind of iView configuration page, so that an admistrator can change the height, width, url...etc.

Thank you so much for your help,

Baggett

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash and Daniel, I have posted a new question '<b>Some guidance on config...</b>' I was wondering if you have time, you can take a look at it if possible.

It's a question that clarifies what I'm trying to achieve with asking these questions.

Thank you so much,

Baggett