cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which ME2.1 CAB file to be installed on the PDA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone suggest how do I find out which CAB file for ME 2.1 do I need to install on the PDA. The CD consists of a winCE directory with a long list of CAB files.

Regards

Meesum

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meesum,

regarding the ME21Tom_XX.CAB files you would simply choose them by language. If you want to use english language choose ME21Tom_en.CAB. If you want to install more than one language, subsequently upload all the CABs to the WebConsole.

Using the BSP-Application "me_fw_install" the user will be presented with a choice which language to be installed. When the user points to a language that has not been uploaded to WebConsole, the framework download will not work.

Regarding the CrEme CAB files I would download the most recent ones from SAP Service Marketplace because starting with Version 325 of CrEme VM there is no difference between XScale and ARM Versions anymore. So you have only 3 CABs to choose from, according to your operating system: CE3.0 PPC / CE4.0 HPC / CE4.2 PPC

Hope that helps. Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Thnx. That was very well explained.

For operating System Windows PocketPC 2002 Phone Edition with ARM Processor, which CrEme file needs to be downloaded?

Regards

Meesum

Message was edited by: Meesum Kirmani

Message was edited by: Meesum Kirmani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meesum,

in spite of the fact that you seem to be able to access the "me_fw_install" BSP application in general please make sure that you fill in a valid hostname for <Server> and NOT an IP address. BSPs do not work when accessed with an IP in the request header. Sounds stupid but it is true.

Secondly I'd check if the files are present in the WAS filesystem. You should look for them at \usr\sap\<SYSID>\<DV......>\j2ee\cluster\server\services\servlet_jsp\work\jspTemp\me\root\pub\framework

If you do not find any files there, try to upload them once again using the webconsole and keep strictly to the description in ME 2.1 SP03 Instguide.

If the files are present there and the path in the browser somehow matches the filesystem-URL, it might be a general access rights problem which I would not be able to comment on really.

Regards

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim.

Once again thnx for the prompt reply.

It was some synchronization problem because of which the downloads files were not visible.

Could you please advise

For operating System Windows PocketPC 2002 Phone Edition with ARM Processor, which CrEme file needs to be downloaded?

I find the CrEme files only for Windows CE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meesum,

As Windows CE 3.0 is the Basis for PPC 2002 PE I would take CrEme325_AX_CE30_PPC_minimal.CAB. But I am unsure whether Microsoft's customizations to make the "Phone Edition" out of the regular PPC-OS will be subject for problems.

I presume it will work.

Regards,

Tim

Answers (0)