cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is the preffered location (DEV,QAS,PRD) for Transport domain control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which is the preffered location (DEV,QAS,PRD) for configuring the Transport domain control and why?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

It is very rare in which STMS Domain controller is on PRD .

To avoid system load on SAP System configured as the transport domain controller.

The preffered loaction is always DEV System .

Regards ,

Santosh

Message was edited by:

Santosh Karadkar

Message was edited by:

Santosh Karadkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh,

I do agree with you that the preffered location is DEV but they may be different reasons for it other than the load. If you check the link (SAP Help) it mentions that :

<i>"The resulting system load is low for the SAP System configured as the transport domain controller of a transport domain. Only if the TMS configuration is changed or if there is an error does the load on the domain controller increase for a short period."</i>

May be just because all changes are done in Dev a lot us configure it as domian controller. Frankly as some one pointed out there is no hard and fast rule to it.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ruchit ,

I also do agree with you and SAP recommendation after reading SAP Help i had post my views on minimise load on PRD System .

It is also very true there is no hard and fast rule for STMS Domain controller .

Regards ,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In practical normally "DEV" system will be the Domain Controler.

Again it depends.

Other recommendation:

it is also recommended to keep transport data ie /usr/sap/trans also available from high availability server.

Note: Points always encourage me to reply !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

The System which has higher chances of availability should be the domain controller. May be DEV or PRD ...there is no hard and fast rule

Cheers,

Bidwan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Damodar,

You can use anything but I would say try PRD. The link below will explain it a little bit:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/44/b4a0a77acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/content.htm

Regards.

Ruchit.