0 Kudos

which is more efficient visual composer or webdynpro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

<b>Visual Composer :</b>

SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer allows you to compose model-based business applications in a flexible way – without manual coding. With SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer, you create pattern-based or freestyle user interfaces using simple drag-and-drop services and then define the data flow between them.

Because SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer is model-driven, you can compose an application without having to write a single line of code. When a model is deployed, SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer translates the model into the required code for the application.

<b>WebDynPro :</b>

Web Dynpro is the SAP development toolset for creating professional Web user interfaces (UI) for business applications. Web dynpro applications ar developed within the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio using a model-driven approach that minimizes manual UI coding and uses visual tools to design and reuse components.

Web Dynpro is based on the powerful and flexible Model-View-Controller architecture that helps implement a clear separation of user interfaces from backend services.

<i><b>Making the best of both developments tools depends on you.</b></i>

<u><b>

• Reward points if you find this post helpful.</b></u>

<i>Regards,

Eben.</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI! Eben,

can you tell me on what parameters we can decide about their usage?

Also tell me about the limitations of WebDynpro and Visual Composer.

regards,

Mithilehwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mithileshwar,

Find the limitations below :

<b>Limitations in WebDynPro</b>

1. User Environment Limitation

-- Browser Support: above IE5.5 and above NS7.0

2. Development Environment Limitation

-- Minimum Spec. : 512MbRAM (1Gb RAM recommended) 800MHz processor

-- J2EE engine version: 1.3.1_07

-- Only available for Windows based platforms (2003/10/17)

<i><b>My Concern:</b></i>

1. WebDynpro IDE operating environment larger screen (17 or19 inches) and / or larger resolution (1024 by 768 more)

2. Less flexibility on layout design

-- UI design freedom worse than FrontPage or Dreamweaver web page design convenient and free design

-- Unable to set CSS, it can not be detached layout elements, and facilitate the overall consistency of the design, not SAP default style, the need to change the properties one by one element

-- Refine and increase unable to establish the elements of the window and javascript html

-- When Table require a more complex design, very difficult to reach

<b>Limitations of Visual Composer :</b>

1. Visual Composer applications are based on the SAP Enterprise Portal and SAP NetWeaver infrastructure. This means that you will need to have SAP NetWeaver installed in order to utilize Visual Composer (not the case when you are using the standard Adobe Flex development suite).

2. Visual Composer relies on connectors and web services to interact with different data services. Developing connectors can be expensive and there are not too many available . In the absence of connectors, if your backend systems do not support Web Services, it may not be possible to fully utilize Visual Composer.

3. Visual Composer operates on the assumption that the backend functionality (BAPI, RFC, Web Services etc) has already been developed or existing out-of-the-box connectors meet the business’ need. However, if this functionality does not exist, it will have to be built before business analysts / designers can use Visual Composer to model the application.

<b>** Reward Points if you find this post helpful.</b>

<i>Regards,

Eben.</i>

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

This question is really vague. Both have thier pros and cons.

If you could elloborate your req then I could suggest the correct IDE.

Regards

<i><b>Raja Sekhar</b></i>