cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which are called SAP BI versions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you please give me the anwer for this?

Which of the following versions are now termed as SAP BI(rather than SAP BW) :

a.BW 3.5 systems

b.BW 7.0 systems

c.BW 7.0 sytems delivered in the Netweaver stack(2004s)

d. BW 3.5 systems delivered as part of Netweaver stack(2004s)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP BW is now part of a suite of SAP applications called SAP NetWeaver. Other components of SAP NetWeaver include SAP Enterprise Portal (EP, called SAP NetWeaver Portal as of Release 7.0), Web Application Server (WAS), SAP Process Integration (PI, or previously XI, i.e. eXchange Infrastructure) and Master Data Management (MDM).

The 7.0 version of SAP BW was released in June 2006 as part of the SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (aka 2004s). This new release includes many new features, such as next-generation reporting and analytical features, major data warehousing enhancements, and possibility to use innovative techology for query performance optimization called "BI Accelerator". BI Accelerator (or BIa) comes as an external applicance, i.e. complete hardware with pre-installed software. BIa requires separate licence fee.

From SAP NetWeaver 7.0 on, the term SAP BW is obsolete, and instead it is referred simply as "SAP NetWeaver BI" - i.e. "SAP NetWeaver 7.0 BI".

According to SAP, more than 12,000 installations of SAP's BI solution exist.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

/people/sap.user72/blog/2004/11/01/sap-bi-versus-sap-bw-what146s-in-a-name

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BW 3.5 is part of netweaver 2004,but SAP BI is part netweaver 2004s,here 's' means stack ,an extra stack has been introduced in BI 7.0.

With this stack you can make data planning & data mining.All SAP Netweaver 2004 versions are known as BW 3.X versions,SAP Netweaver 2004s version are known as BI7.X version.

-

Hope this helps you

Cheers,

Praveena.