cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where-Used list for BEx query chars & KFs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone. I am trying to find a way to identify what Characteristics and Key Figures are used withing an infocube in BW. I think that the BW Statistics cubes may help, but that was going to be my fallback option.

I couldn't find a way to do a where-used list for characteristic and key figures when in the Query Designer. I can do a where-used on restricted key figures and char. variables.

Does anyone know of other ways to do this. How about looking in some of the core BW DB Tables (eg. RS*)?

Thanks,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The two function modules are:

RSZ_I_BASIC_CHA_WHERE_USED

RSZ_I_BASIC_KEYFIG_WHERE_USED.

Thanks,

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeff,

This is exactly what I was looking for . . . don't know why these aren't attached to any GUI component functionality.

Thank You.

Kevin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are two function modules that will help you out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh my, I just realized that I typed in my question wrong. I am sorry. That's what I get for doing this during a long meeting!

Here's the right question (I double-checked this time):

I am trying to find what queries contain some specific chars & KFs.

So you are exactly right that the previous suggestion for using RSD1 would work to find what infocubes they are used in.

Sorry for the confusion.

Kevin

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

You can see where-used list for chars and KF in the RSD1 screen. Transaction RSD1 > put in your char name and click on the where-used button.

You can also look up this information through the metadata repository (RSORMDR)

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu,

I checked RSD1 but it doesn't pick up objects from the Business Explorer environment (queries, etc...) in the where-used list.

I am trying to check the MetaData Repository search function but to my dismay I've just found out that TREX isn't installed on our BW 3.3 instances....argghhh.

Thanks for your help Bhanu.

Kevin

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

We don't have the TREX either, but you can just look up a char or KF by clicing on InfoObject and then manually look up your char of KF... they are stored alphabetically.

Hope this helps...