cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where to get WAS ABAP+J2EE 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the installation guide for XI its written that the pre requisite for XI 3.0 installation is one should have WAS ABAP_J2EE 6.40 installation. Where should I get this software to download. It is possible to use WAS 6.40 J2EE (MAXDB one) only for XI installation.

Thanks & regards

Ashutosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

XI required both ABAP and Java stacks (SAP Web Application Server (Web AS) 6.40). You should get a licensed copy of the software from SAP.

Thanks,

Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for the response.

Do I need licensed copy of WAS for evaluation purpose also? I have downloaded these two files rom service market place

(1) 51030723_4(SAP NW04 SR1 SAP Exchange Infrastructure 3.0).zip (65 MB)

(2) 51030723_5 (XI).ZIP (391 MB)

The setup file is there in first one but it gives error while I tries to run it.

<error>

<i>ERROR 2005-05-25 19:59:08

FKD-00037 Query did not return a result.</i>

<i>ERROR 2005-05-25 19:59:08

FKD-00038 Query did not return a result.Select attribute SID, statement: WHERE ROWNUM = 0</i>

</error>

Is it means that I need to install WAS 6.4 first as per installation guide.

Secondly will work if I install WAS 6.4 J2EE only for evaluation purpose.

regards

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to install first an WAS 640 ABAP Unicode System on an OS and DB of your choice. All that is available via SWDC on SAP Marketplace. After that you add the JAVA Instance to the new system via another install. Then you install SAP XI on top of the JAVA instance.

For the postprocessing you need a full license key as per the install docu. The 30 day temp key will not do it.

Cheers

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a full XI System needs an ABAP Stack and a JAVA Stack, hence you have to install a UNICODE WAS 640 ABAP and Java.

After that you can install XI.

If you use the PCK (Partner connectivty kit) it install in a WAS640 J2EE and does not need a ABAP Stack.

The software can be downloaded at the service marketplace.

Cheers

Stefan