cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find "com.sap.portal.navigation.helperserviceapi.jar"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to use the NavigationEventsHelperService class.

This class is included in the "com.sap.portal.navigation.helperserviceapi.jar" (I hope so). But I can't find this jar file. Can someone tell me where I can find it?

Or is this class/jar not included in EP6 and/or NW Dev Studio?

Any help would be great.

Regards,

Eike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eike,

You can find NavigationEventsHelperService class in com.sap.portal.navigation.helperservice_api.jar.

Open portal and goto Java Development tab and Tools - > then portal browser.

Search for "com.sap.portal.navigation.helperservice" and download. Unzip it and will be there in lib folder.

Hope this should help you.

Thanks & Regards,

Shiva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Thank you Shiva for the fast response.

... but ...

I'm really new to SAP EP. So I could find "Java Development" > "Tools" but then it ends. Is "portal browser" a EP component or should it be a navigation point in the DTN?

Regards,

Eike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

I got it.

I navigated to "Java Development" > "Tools" > "Portal Support Desk". On the "Portal Support Desk" - Page I choosed the area "Portal runtime".

On the "Portal runtime" page I clicked "Scan deployment" in the "Test and configuartion Tools"-area. This generated the manifest-file (xml). In the manifest file i searchd for "helperservice" (Ctrl-F) and found the entry with the file path to the jar on the server:

...<subcontent>
- <package location="D:usrsapJ2EJC00j2eeclusterserver0appssap.comirjservlet_jspirjrootWEB-INFportalportalappscom.sap.portal.navigation.helperservicelibcom.sap.portal.navigation.helperservice_api.jar">
- <manifest>
  <attribute name="Created-By" value="Ant 1.4.1" />...

This was the long description for those who will have this problem in the future.

Regards and Thanks,

Eike