cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to download HANA client?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have successfully stood up an instance of SAP HANA, developer edition 1.0 SPS 11 on AWS. I have also successfully integrated HANA Studio into Eclipse.

However, I have a need to connect to HANA via ODBC. To do this, I went to download/install the HANA client software, but cannot find it. From the SAP CAL, I click on Links -> HANA Studio & Client. Here, I am only presented with information about HANA studio.

Can anyone help? Do I need HANA Client to get the ODBC drivers, or it there another place to get them?

Many thanks,

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

craigcmehil
Community Administrator
Community Administrator
0 Kudos

The ODBC drivers are available via the SAP Service Marketplace. Is there a particular reason you are needing that particular connection?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the tip. The SAP Service Marketplace requires me to authentication with an S-user ID, and I don't have one. (As developers, we're just evaluating HANA right now).

The reason I need these specific connectors is that the application I will be extending connect to HANA via ODBC (I want to leverage its existing connection framework, not write a whole new one).

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to get what I needed from the SAP Store at the following link and clicking the Trial Version button.

https://store.sap.com/sap/cp/ui/resources/store/html/SolutionDetails.html?pid=0000012950&catID=&pcnt...

A few hours later, the SAP store emailed me a link (valid for 48 hours) to the software.

craigcmehil
Community Administrator
Community Administrator
0 Kudos

Excellent to hear! If you need further assistance just let me know!