cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where Can We Found .Jar Files On Our Local Machine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I Heard that When We Start the Integration Builder Every Time We will generate the .Jar Files.

Where Can We Found .Jar Files On Our Local Machine

Please let me know.

Regards

Khanna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ans

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>I Heard that When We Start the Integration Builder Every Time We will generate >>the .Jar Files.

>>Where Can We Found .Jar Files On Our Local Machine

you do not generate them...every time you click on IR / ID links which have a .jnlp extension which is associated with Java web start, it checks if it has already downloaded version of the jar files on the local system in the folder as mentioned by Shabarish..if yes..then the application starts using the cached jar files and if not then downloads those jar files first...but offcourse...you never create them

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can We See the Jar Files On Our Local Machine ???? In the bellow mentioned Path I am Unable to Find out that.<b>C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\javaws\cache</b>

Can We Put a Short Cut to the Integration Builder On the Desktop Using this Jar File ???

Regards

Khanna

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>Can We See the Jar Files On Our Local Machine ???? In the bellow mentioned Path I am Unable to Find out that.C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\javaws\cache</i>

>>

you should have run the IR or ID at least once to find the Jar files in that folder. It is usually placed in http folder in cache.

<i>Can We Put a Short Cut to the Integration Builder On the Desktop Using this Jar File ???</i>

>>>

No.... to understand what actually Java WS does do read the weblog i mentioned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didn't found this <b>Application Data</b> Folder in My C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\.........

Please Let me know

Regards

Khanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Can We Put a Short Cut to the Integration Builder On the Desktop Using this >>Jar File ???

yes you can..

on your windows machine...right click on desktop , select new shortcut and in the location bar , enter the URL as

http://<xiserver>:<port>/rep/start/repository.jnlp

for ID it would be

http://<xiserver>:<port>/dir/start/directory.jnlp

it is not necessary that JWS on your machine will put the cached version in the folder

<b>C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\javaws\cache</b>

that is configurable and you should try various menu options ...frankly would be much less time consuming than posting a forum Q ....:)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

usually under the path provided at

goto start menu -> run -> Javaws -> File -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Applications folder

Know more about the use of java web start @ /people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/11/27/java-web-start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khanna,

Jar files will be automatically loaded to enable your java stack.I dont think you will be able to see your jar files.