Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When RFC-Adapter is down, only the adapter-status shows error flag

NMCS
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

How can I reprocess a message that did not reach the endpoint because the rfc-adapter was down, if the overall status of the message is "Message Processed"?

Thaks,

Nuno

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

NMCS
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

I don't think you understood what I wanted to know.

I want to create a periodic job using report 'RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES' so that all the 'errored' messages are processed again. But, if the message does not have an error status, it cannot be reprocessed. And that is precisely what happens if the RFC-Adapter is not running. It seems to be everything ok at runtime because I see the checkered flag (message processed), but the remote-enabled function module was never called!! And the question is how to reprocess this message?

I hope I have been more clear now. Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Nuno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

OK, now I got it.

You mention correctly that for xi the message is correct processed. Thererefore you can not restart this message via the mentioned report.

You have the possibilities from sm58.

Thats what I know...

Best regards

Holger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you do restart it in sm58 in menu. Specify the selection

criteria an execute it. You got a list of entry with

error. Mark one of the message and goto menu Edit->Execute

LUW.

We have sometime the problem that the execution run into

trouble again. In this case stop the RFC-Adapter and start

it again. Now it schould work.

Hope this will help,

Ly-Na Phu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The question is about receiver RFC adapter and not about the sender RFC adapter. So single / mass re-start from SM58 won't help (Report RSQIWKEX for q-RFC and report RSARFCEX for t-RFC).

If RFC adapter is down, message won't reach to the destination system via adapter engine. IE monitoring will say that message is successfully processed (so report RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES will not help) . In this case, if you go to adapter engine monitoring from RWB, you will be able to see the status Waiting or System error.

I'm not sure how to re-start this message, but probably you can do this through MDT.

May be SAP note - 813993 will help you.

Good Luck & Bapu, Jalasa Kar........

NMCS
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

The scenario is assynchronous: IDOC to RFC call. I am not able to restart the message in SXMB_MONI because its status (Message processed) does not allow me to.

Regards,

Nuno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nuno,

so for XI runtime everything seems to be OK.

Please check on the Integration Server TA: IDX5 for your message AND on the receiving application system TA: sm58, to find out what happened to you message after leaving the XI.

Good luck

Holger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if it was a synchronous message it can not be reprocessed. You have to sent it again.

In asynchronous mode you restart the message in sxmb_moni or with a sceduled report.

Best regards

Holger