cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when loading data into cube it reverses comma and decimals

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have soemthing odd occurring when we are loading. Once of our cubes has the decimals and commas all reveresed or mixed up but the PSA is fine and shows them correctly. what could be happening?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We thougth this was for display but would not affect actual data loads.

mathew_muthalaly
Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please say what was the reason for the problem and how it was solved?

Mathew.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your help. the profile of the service Id was wrong. However what still has us confused is that just this one load in particular failed. Any ideas why others would run? All have key figures.

mathew_muthalaly
Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not think I was helpful enough to merit the additional 10 points;-)

Like you, I am also curious as to what went wrong. I do not understand when you say that the 'profile of the service id was wrong'. Well, the problem is behind you - so when you have sufficient time, could you explain your data load process a little more in detail.

You had said that the data type was character, but key figures cannot be of data type character.

Mathew.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If data in PSA is in correct format, it means data is getting changed in between PSA and the info cube.

so, check if there are any routines (in transfer rules) or update routines, or start routines which is modifying this data.

Thanks,

Madhavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually data is worng in PSA as well but it is correct in the extractor in r/3. Is thee some osrt of setting in r/3 that sets this when it passese across

mathew_muthalaly
Contributor
0 Kudos

You must be aware that decimal notation can be different. Decimals are denoted by ' . ' in many countries but by ' , ' in say Germany and vice-versa for ','.

Could you check the decimal notation provided in the user's profile? That may be checked when the conversion to character is effected.

Mathew.

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be the in the additional properties tab of ur key figures the settings are different. Check for the 'Decimal spaces' and 'Display'.

Hope it helps.

- Saurabh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

they defined it as a character but I though you could move it into a character and it would be fine. I've doen that in the past

Former Member
0 Kudos

any other ideas?? It wokrs in Development but not Quality. Everything is the same that I can see. Woudl it be a configuration setting?