cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

When I transport the class, do the methods in it also transport?

yalcin_mete
Participant

Hi Master,

I have three systems : S4D ,S4C and S4P.

I transport the ZCL_IM_MM_PROCESS_PO_CUST class in the S4D system to the S4C system and then to the S4P system.

yalcin_mete_10-1708441929874.png

yalcin_mete_2-1708441295851.png

When I go to the S4P system, why can't I see the new request in the requests of the methods?
While I transport the class object, didn't I transport the methods? What did I transport?

yalcin_mete_5-1708441638917.png

yalcin_mete_6-1708441668979.png

yalcin_mete_8-1708441731713.pngyalcin_mete_9-1708441747243.png

When we transport classes, don't their methods also transport?

My other teammates also work on several methods of the class. When I transport the class, I don't want to transport their codes too πŸ™‚

Thanks

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Yes, and the version reference in your screenshot would confirm that both methods were updated from the single TOC.
yalcin_mete
Participant
0 Kudos
@Ryan-Crosby I don't understand 😞
aboooood
Participant
0 Kudos
as i know when you transport the class the changes u did in it will be transported also the methods. but if your co-worker did some changes he need to transport the class. the answer is: yes when transporting a class the methods are always transported with it
View Entire Topic
raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you don't want to transport the whole class, then create the ToC request with subobjects from your workbench request(s) and not with the main object (class)

yalcin_mete
Participant
0 Kudos
I created a new method in the class and I am working on this newly created method. When I transport the new method to other systems (s4c, s4p), the new method in the class is not recognized in other systems(s4c,s4p) because I do not transport the class object. To solve this I need to transport the entire class but this time the other methods my friends are working on will be transported.
raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor

If you create a new subobject (e.g. method) you don't have the choice, you must transport the whole object, and will transport your colleagues modification too.

(Multiple developement on the same object is not good practice, somewhere your organization/classs didn't respect encapsulation, inheritance, polymorphism, and abstraction)

yalcin_mete
Participant
0 Kudos
@Raymond_giuseppi you are right.It seems like there is no other solution. I will move the class after checking the changes in my friends' methods one by one. Thank you.