cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should BASIS do for an InfoSource transport for Souce System change?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We just create a change request for an InfoSouce. Now we transport this change request from DEV system to TEST system. But when this change request was imported on TEST system, got the "Method Execution" red error which can be checked through STMS in log. The red error msg is "Source system A does not exist", where A is our R3 DEV server. Actually we need the source system B which is R3 TEST server in the InfoSouce transported into BW TEST system, but the problem is that the change request was created on BW DEV which uses A as Souce System in the InfoSouce, then how to make the InfoSouce has B on BW TEST after the transport?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin,

you have to set the source system mapping in your target system in RSA1, Transport Connection -> F8 and then import your request again !

Hope it helps!

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Roberto,

You could be right! But when I get to the screen, find there is no any entry. When I create one entry, 1st column is called OrSrceSyst, 2nd column is called TargSrceSy, 3rd column title is only a "+". We are not sure what should be input into the three columns, could you elaborate it?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the first column, you have to enter your dev logical name, on the second one the tst logical name and on the third one a description as you prefer...

I think you will find a matchcode too to avoid free entry !

Hope it helps!

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Roberto,

I think this setting should be conducted on DEV system other than the target TEST system as you said, am I right. Since we conduct the transport on DEV through the Transport Connection and the settings of the mapping of the source system should be set on DEV, right?

Our BASIS know nothing about BW that we can't depend on them even if this is BASIS work.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin,

go with this setting in your target system with no doubt !

Bye,

Roberto