cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what settings are affected with bwremote user password change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

If I have changed the bw RFC user password, where must I apply this change other than in sm59?

Hope you can throw a hint.

Pascal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

pascal ,

Also I think you can set this right bu setting the BWREMOTE passwords in the global settings.

and you can restore the source system and give the new passwords.

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pascal,

No where except in the RFC in the other system. For e.g. if you changed the password in BW then change the RFC in R/3 and vice-a-versa.

Cheers

Aneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aneesh,

Thanks for confirming. Point awarded!

I have changed the passwords in both areas. The wierd thing is now when I enter an infopak that pulls from R3, I get prompted for password (screen). This tells me there is mismatch in password. I changed the password a few times just to be sure the password set.

Anyone encountered this problem before?

Thanks in advance.

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Haven't encountered that before.

There are two RFC connections that get used - one for data communication and the other for user interaction. First one is the logical name of the client on the R/3 side and second one is the logical system name followed by _DIALOG. Normally the dialog one is left blank and user can give their own user ID and password. It might be that you are using the same user ID for both RFC connections and changed the password in only one.

Cheers

Aneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in sm59 on Logon\security tab you should have Logon screen checkbox unchecked...

Maybe this causes your problems

Regards,

Andrzej