cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the point on using KF in addition when loading datastore objects?

former_member285493
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i'd like to know why sometimes KFs are uploaded in addition even when loading a dso.

I mean, when KF are all in overwrite it's easier to do a full repair request if something goes wrong or you are loading a new field in BW, so why some KFs are in addition (stock movements for example)? It's a choice or it's mandatory?

Thank you

Stefano

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefano,

this is because some datasources deliver a real delta in terms of changes of keyfigures. So they deliver the decrement or increment of the keyfigure and nothing else.

e.g;

Attribute1 Attribute2 Keyfigure1

xyz abc 1000.00 "the original 'init' record

xyz abc -100.00 "the first change but the real value should be 900 now

xyz abc +200.00 "the second change, the real value should be 1100 now

If you set up the keyfigure in overwrite mode in this case, you will end up with 200 instead of 1100.

best regards

Siggi

former_member285493
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siegfried,

so in some cases my choice it' mandatory, how do i know in which way the delta is managed in R/3?

Thanks again.

Stefano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can check table roosource in your source system. The field delta will give you the delta method of a data source (check the F4-Help) for this. Additionally you can say that each datasource that might get updated into a cube directly can/has to be setup with additive keyfigures in a ods.

regards

Siggi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

It's all depends on ur requirement....in which way you want data in the report...based on that we will put as addition or overwrite mode....

Thanks