cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the limitation on number of rows in excel spreadsheet for Presentation Design 2011 v6.0.4.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I learned that Presentation Design 2008 has limitation on the number of rows in excel spread sheets, which is about 512 rows. Is this still the case for 2011 version? If I need to use a spreadsheet with thousands of rows, the chart showing on the slide would be some calculated numbers on the same sheet based on the thousands of rows. Is it possible to send the slide to Power Point? Any walk-around?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member194862
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The recommended no. of rows is 512 and so it is advisable tht all the filtering should be done at the webi or the universe level so as to bring the summarized data in the dashboard,if your dashboard is using too many no. of rows the dashboard might crash due to the flash behaviour.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The technical limitation is the number of cells in the spreadsheet but for optimal performance its not recommended to use more than 1000-2000 records bind to the spreadsheet..

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understand it correctly, using more than 1000-2000 records will lower the performance, slower, but would not cause technical problem, right?

Then, what's the technical limitation on number of cells? Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

using more than 2000 rows will slow the dashboard to the point where it will be hardly usable..

Technical limitation is the number of rows available in the spreadsheet..