cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What more is needed besides BO dashboards 4.1 & SAP BusinessObjects Mobile to view a dashboard on the iPhone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a dashboard developed in BO dashboards 4.1.

I like to open the dashboard on my Iphone. Therefore I need to install the SAP BusinessObjects Mobile app.

Description of theSAP BusinessObjects Mobile app:

"With the SAP BusinessObjects Mobile app for iPhone and iPad, you can make informed decisions based on targeted, personalized information anywhere and anytime. The app connects to the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform and allows your mobile workforce to stay up-to-date with insights into the right customer, product, and.."

The discription say's:The app connects to the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform.

Does that means that I need besides BO dashboards 4.1 & SAP BusinessObjects Mobile a additional platform or server?

What is minimal required for opening a BO Dashboard on my Iphone?

Thanks in advance,

Bart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dashboard are not supported in Iphone so you can not see dashboard in iphone or any other android phone.

With 4.1 the minimum screen size supported for dashboard is 7 inches (even in android only 7incl tablets supported) which iphone does not fulfill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

oke, that's a disappointment...

But okay, the Ipad.. Can you tell me do i need an additional server/license besides the app and BO dashboards 4.1?

Do i need SAP launchpad?

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

To view dashboard in iPad you would need the bo mobile server to be setup along the bo enterprise. You will need BO enterprise license for this..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info.

Regards,

Bart Ootes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forgot to mention you do not need launchpad to run in mobile as it runs from BI mobile App.. Launchpad however will be available along with BO enterprise installation..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bart,

Dashboards 4.0 from SP5 onward support HTML5 which supports iphone. Also you can use design studio. Please see the following blogs.

What is new in Dashboards BI4.1 – ASUG Webcast

Regards,

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mohan,

Thanks for your message.

Mishra says: 'With 4.1 the minimum screen size supported for dashboard is 7 inches (even in android only 7incl tablets supported) which iphone does not fulfill'

So i do understand how to see my BO dashboards Mobile -> with html5, but ,correct me if I am wrong, this means Ipad...Iphone is not compatible because of the minimum required 7 inch.

Like to hear your reaction.

Regards,

Bart