cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the use of the key date in filters in IP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

can anybody tell me what the key date on the filter in the planning modeler is good for? It seems to be always overwritten by either the key date in the query or the one set for the infocube in the planning modeler. Even if I don't set a key date for the latter two, the infocube date seems to be taken (I get the current day as query key date).

Or to put it this way: Where do I set my key date when I try to use time-dependent navigation attributes in a planning query? The infocube key date seems to take precedence, but I haven't found a way to derive my key date from the input-ready planning year variable in the query (exit or replacement path won't work).

Regards,

Tilman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tilman,

did you find out how to derive the key date from an input variable of the query filter?

If yes please let me know.

Thanks

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding u r trying to club the filter of the modeler with the filter of the query.Both the filters are different one is used to restrict the data for your planning function and another to restrict your query data.Once you set the Key date at modeler level you can use it in the filter to restrict the time dependent characteristic and on this set only your planning function will be executed.

The same key date you can also specify in query so now all your objects queries, filters, characteristic relationships, data slices and planning functions are in sync.

Regards

Indu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indu,

many thanks already for your replies.

Do I understand you correctly that the key date on the filter will only have an effect when used in conjunction with planning functions (not queries)? I was going to use one filter both.

I turns out that my problem is rather how BI evalutates the key dates in the query/infocube/filter, and while I might not have the problem with planning functions, I do have it once I try to use key dates on an input-ready query. Since my key date needs to be derived from the planning year variable on-the-fly, only an exit variable used on the query's key date seems to be able to to this (variables in the infocube's key date get evaluated before the query's variable screen is displayed) . Unfortunately, it gets overwritten by whatever is set as key date in the infocube, and the filter's key date does not seem to matter at all.

Further, this seems to be a very IP-specific problem. Not only that normal reporting does only offer one key date (query), if you "manage" to break characteristic relations of your planning cube in a way that input-readiness is no longer provided, things work JUST AS DESIRED....The query's key date takes precedence, and time-dependent navigational attributes get displayed with their correct value.

This can't be right. I do not think that the case of having to use time-dependent navigational attributes in a planning query is rare, so I might have to open a ticket...

Regards,

Tilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is used to specify the selection of data that is time dependent,for example you want to view from key date value for 0calday.So once it is assigned at modeler level it will be in synchronize with queries, filters, characteristic relationships, data slices and planning functions.

Regards,

Indu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can set the key date setting for planning in the Planning Modeler in the InfoProvider area on the Settings tab page.The standard key date is a key date that is used in the entire planning model. It can be set for every real-time enabled InfoCube in the characteristic relationships. The following options are available to set a key date.

Unspecified (default value is the system date if all of the participating InfoCubes have the key date = unspecified).

Fixed Date

From Variable

Regards,

Indu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, but what's the key date on the filter good for if it seems to be overwritten anyways, even if no other key date (query or infocube) is explicitly set?