cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between these two portalapps folders on the Server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

On the Server there are two portalapps folder:

1. Under: C:\usr\sap\JXX\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\portalapps

2. Under: C:\usr\sap\JXX\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\WEB-INF\portal\portalapps

Can someone please explain me what is the difference between these two portalapps folders and under which case will I turn to which folder?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member394902
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

The one at this location

Under: C:\usr\sap\JXX\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\portalapps

has all the files from the WEB-INF folder i.e. these are the non-web resources and cannot be accessed via HTTP(S) examples would be imgaes, CSS etc that you want only your application to access

those under

Under: C:\usr\sap\JXX\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\WEB-INF\portal\portalapps

they have all the .JAR files, portalapp.xml, config properties etc. these are web resources and can be accessed via HTTP(S)

Hope this is of help.

Akhilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

It does help.

So, if I deploy an application to the Portal with both Web and Non-WEb resources does this mean the deploy will seperated between these two folders?

former_member394902
Contributor
0 Kudos

yes....