cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is "Early Delta initialization" ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can somebody explain me the difference between "Early delta initialization" and "Initialize delta process"?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Extractors that support the early delta initialization are delivered starting with Plug-In (-A) 2002.1.

Hope this helps

AP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

take a look in R/3 into table ROOSOURCE and field ZDD_ABLE 'Indicator: DataSource Can Post During Delta Init'...however, you can find additional considerations about early delta e delta method in this weblog:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/01/19/logistic-cockpit-delta-mechanism--episode-three-the-new-update-methods

Hope it helps !

Bye,

Roberto

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jay,

You cn also refer to OSS Note 505700 (point 5:g)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello Former Member,

How do I know which extractors support this?

How to check whether Data source supports for Early Delta Initialization?

We can check this in table ROOSOURCE.

i) Go to SE16 --> table name and enter

ii) In the next screen give the data source name and execute.

iii) If field ZDD_ABLE in the result has value X, then data supports for early delta initialization.

iv) If it has space, then it doesn't support.

Best Regards,

Sreenivasa Rajendra Prasad N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Early delta initialization is only available if the DataSource extractor in the source system supports this process."

How do I know which extractors support this? Any way to find out in advance other than noticing this check box is greyed out in "Maintain Infopackage" update mode.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With early delta initialization, the data is written into the delta queue /tables for the application during the initialization request, in the source system.

This way you can initialise the delta process without having to stop the posting of new data in the source system, as opposed to simple initialising the delta process (wihtout Early Init)

Early delta initialization is only available if the DataSource extractor in the source system supports this process.

Hope this helps...