cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What export formats will be supported going forward?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are a long time CR user and recently starting using the SAPBusinessObjects.WPF.Viewer. The list of supported export formats seemed to drop a lot of the formats we (and our customers) have come to depend on from the earier CR versions we had used (going back 15 years ๐Ÿ™‚ ). Formats such as .txt or .tbs (tab separated) are very impportant to our customers. What is the product dirction for these types of formats? Are you going to add them into the 'new' viewer?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Colin

I am not sure that you are correct re. supported export formats. Please have a look at the wiki Available Export Formats, Crystal Reports 9.1 to Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010. Perhaps it will be better if you specify what formats you are missing? (TXT and TAB are supported...)

Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

The list of available formats is what I am refering to.

Regards

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is the formats available as a default - out of the box so to speak. Did you have a chance to read the wiki I linked to in my previous reply?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ludek

We are using the viewer SAPBusinessObjects.WPF.Viewer. I set availalble formats to "AllFormats"

The Viewer's drop down list does not have the Text and Tab separated format options.

Dim MyExportFormats As Integer = CrystalDecisions.Shared.ViewerExportFormats.AllFormats

With _viewer
            .IsEnabled = True
            .EnableToolTips = True
            .ShowOpenFileButton = False
            .ShowExportButton = True
            .ShowNextPageButton = True
            .ShowPrevPageButton = True
            .ShowPrintButton = True
            .ShowToggleSidePanelButton = True
            .ShowSearchTextButton = True
            .ToggleSidePanel = SAPBusinessObjects.WPF.Viewer.Constants.SidePanelKind.None
            .ShowRefreshButton = True
            .ShowGoToPageButton = True
            .ViewerCore.ReportSource = _report
            .ViewerCore.AllowedExportFormats = MyExportFormats
         End With

there is problem getting all the export formats when exporting using code - the problem is exporting from the Viewer.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, yeah there are differences between the designer and the .NET viewers. I actually never noticed txt and csv missing (more on that below). Bot there are other export formats that would be missing "by design". E.g.; ODBC - we never allowed this from any APIs. Record Style - is any one actually using this anymore? But then there are others; HTML, XML, etc., that I am not sure about.

I've pinged the Program manager for a comment.

Now there is a way out of this; create your own export button and do what ever yo will from there. KBA 1765153 - How to customize .NET Viewer Control Export button to manage custom export options and enable Applic...has more info as well as a working app. The beauty of the attached app is that it even has "Export to Application".

Once I get a response from PM I'll update this Discussion as well as my wiki.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

the last line of my reply should have read

...there is NO problem getting all the export formats when exporting using code - the problem is exporting from the Viewer.

I did put a custom button on the viewer to export to TXT but now our clients are complaining that other export formats are also missing

Thanks for investigating this

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Colin

Remember that you can add any export format to the custome button (any that format that intellisenses / is possible via the engine). As I mentioned, there will be some formats (e.g.; ODBC) that have never had and API for the export and never will. E.g.; the following will be the only formats available to your customers;

So, which missing format are your customers complaining about?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek

The removal of TEXT and Tab separated options is causing concern plus dialogs like PDF page range.

The crystal 13 viewer has these options

Note that Text and Tab Separated are not included

Also no further dialogs are displayed

e.g. if Export option PDF is selected you don't get the opportunity enter a range of page nuumbers to export

compare this to Crystal 11 viewer options following

if PDF option selected you get

Crystal XI also other dialogs  like the option to "Export to Application"  and Excel export options

If we want all the Export options and Export dialogs do we have to code them ourselves and run from a custom button?

Why were TEXT and Tab separated options removed from the Crystal 13 viewer list?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If we want all the Export options and Export dialogs do we have to code them ourselves and run from a custom button?

- That is correct.

Why were TEXT and Tab separated options removed from the Crystal 13 viewer list?

- I really do not know.

- Ludek

Answers (0)