cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What could be the possible reason for PI Java stack not accessible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

Just wanted to know ,what could be the possible reasons for PI Java stack not accessible ?

As if now , it is up and running , i just wanted to know the possible reasons...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

The server will be restarted if an OutOfMemoryError is encountered.

1) See note #1095473 How to get a full thread dump in AS Java 7.10 - the thread dumps need to be taken when the issue is actually occuring. Otherwise they will not contain any useful information.

2) check the note #1289240 How to deal with out of memory errors. Ensure the java parameters mentioned here are set. If you do encounter an OutOfMemoryError, a Java Heap dump will be automatically created. This dump is vital for the analysis of what actually occured to cause the OOM error.

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark /Deepthi ,

Thanks for your answers but the issue is little different . Let me explain u the exact scenario

There was the message blocking in the queues i.e via SMQ2 in the PI system and when i checked the error message, it says "Error while receiving by HTTP (error code: 402 , error text: ICM_HTTP_TIMEOUTu201D

Like that all the messages got stucked and not a single message went through the integration engine of PI .

Parallely , I was not able to open the Java stack of PI and hence I thout the Java stack of PI was down , but when i checked the same with BASIS team , they confirmed me saying that Java stack of PI was up and running. But again they were too not able to open the web page of the Runtime workbench.

Now my questions are :--

1. What cud be the possible reason of the webpage of the Java stack was not accessible? Inspite of confirmation of BASIS ppl that it was up and running.

2. As mentioned the queues are blocked and not even a single message has passed through the PI integration engine and the error message says "Error while receiving by HTTP (error code: 402 , error text: ICM_HTTP_TIMEOUTu201D

". After restarting the whole PI server (including ABAP and JAVA) , the PI messages started flowing . Hence I wanted to know the possible root cause for it .

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One reason might be if server gets restarted by Basis ppl we will get 501 error..

As per my exp if UDF in Message mapping went wrong (Infinite Loop). then automatically the server gets restarted .