Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF: Send email notification as soon as receive step decision

former_member227595
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Does anybody know how toend email notification as soon as an agent receive a step decision. I know there is some configuration in SAP in transaction or a path in SPRO.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

NagaPrakashT
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

i assume decision steps will sit in ones inbox as workitem in your requirement and to inform the user about their workitems , you can schedule this program RSWUWFML2 as background job specific to your Task.

May this helps you.

Thanks,

Naga

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Naga Prakash wrote:

...you can schedule this program RSWUWFML2 as background job specific to your Task.

No please don't, that's been obsolete for a long time.

NagaPrakashT
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Mike for your inputs. May i know the reason why we can't use, are there any downsides?

Thanks,

Naga

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Naga,

The downside is that you are losing some of the advantages of Extended Notifications, which have replaced this job some time ago. The mails don't look as nice, and there are no hyperlinks to click to execute decisions, etc. And as it's obsolete you may struggle to get support from SAP.

Also, in context of the original question, if I interpret "as soon as an agent receives" correctly to mean it needs to go out straight away, this job would have to run frequently or be executed from Workflow, so in this case neither extended notifications or this job are a good solution as they would be a resource overkill for a very simple task.

Regards,

Mike

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The largest downside is, that it is considered obsolete by SAP.

This means that, as Mike said, you will have a lot of problems in trying to get support by SAP when things go in error and you don't think the problem is created by you.

But even the existence of the report lies at the discretion of SAP.

They can decide at any point to no longer deliver this report in newer versions of SAP.

This is too much of a risk to take so I suggest to just spend a couple of late afternoons in getting acquainted with extended notifications. It's not that difficult just a bit weird at first.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

NagaPrakashT
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rob,

Can you please provide any SAP Note to configure Extended Notifications.

Thanks,

Naga

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP  Note 1646056

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

What is the functional requirement?

If the requirement is: We want users to notify that they have workitems awaiting execution in their SAP inbox.

Then this should be delivered with extended notifications (SWN_SELSEN), not only can you notify users about workitems you can also configure it in such a way that it is possible to directly execute the user decisions from their email inbox.

Search SCN and help.sap.com for documents on how to configure it properly.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

ronen_weisz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pay attention that if you use the extended notification, mark the mail priority as high in the category and the mail will be sent without waiting to the sapconnect job (you will still have to wait for the swn_selsen job).

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

There is Extended Notifications (plenty of info in the doco and here on SCN).

However, if you need an immediate notification and not have to wait an hour (or however frequent they are scheduled), you can always add a send mail step just before the decision.

Hope that helps,

Mike