Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF not triggering

karuna_gangireddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We am working on IN WF. I want the wf to trigger upon IN creation. When i use the BOR BUS2030 the WF triggers but when i use ZBUS2030 the WF is not triggering.

We sub-typed it from BUS2030.

1. I see that there is entry in SW06.

2. Also i see the event linkage in SWETYPV.

3. I tested my WF in the TCODE: SWUD i did not see any issues in there.

4. I also tested my WF in SWUE, the WF triggers and the emails are sent accordingly.

When i checked the BOR ZBUS2030. The 'Existence Check' method was not implemented. Not sure if this was causing the problems. So i went and redefined it and copied the same code from BUS2030. But i am not sure how to define the parameters for this method. Not sure what i am missing here.

Could anyone please help me?

Thanks in advance,

Karuna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please explain what is the requirement and need of custom business object?

karuna_gangireddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

THanks for the quick replies.

Rick,

Why shouldn't we refer to the subtype? I did the same in the past. Copy SAP BOR into subtype and use it.

Srinivas,

We might have to write new custom methods. I do not want to change the SAP std BOR. So i did a subtype and want to use it.

Thanks,

Karuna

encarrero
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Rick said, because of the delegation in tcode SWO6, the principal BOR can have all of features (attributes, methods and events) of the subtype.

In that transaction, i prefere uncheck the GUI-specific feature.

Also, did you released the new custom methods? Is the BOR generated ok?

Regards,

karuna_gangireddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much. I checked SWO6 and GUI-specific feature is unchecked. I also released the new custom methods and generated the BOR successfully.

I also added parameters to the 'Existence Check' and checked for errors. Everything was error free and implemented/released successfully. I tested again still the same my BOR is not triggering.

Please advice,

Karuna.

encarrero
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok, activate the trace (tcodes SWEL/SWELS) and test using tcode SWUE with original BOR and Z BOR. Tell us what is the result.

Regards,

karuna_gangireddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you. I tested thru SWUE.

1. Using BOR BUS2030: I saw this entry in SWEL : Object Type Event NameOfReceiverType

BUS2030 CREATED WS97900010 (Old WF)

When i double clicked on this entry followed by 'work item' i am seeing an error now with error description 'Existance

check to pass the inquiry number.' I never got error in BUS2030. I am positive this error is because of the 'Existence Check'

code i did in ZBUS2030.

2. Using BOR ZBUS2030: I saw 2 entries in SWEL : Object Type Event NameOfReceiverType

ZBUS2030 CREATED WS97900010 (Old WF)

WS98900002 (New WF - Currently working)

When i double clicked on each of these entries on 'work item' i am seeing the same error with same description 'Existance

check to pass the inquiry number.'

My Question: I did my code in subtype which is ZBUS2030->Existence Check method. But how is the supertype BU2030 getting effected? Why is the Existence Check method of BUS2030 ending in error?

Thanks in advance,

Karuna

karuna_gangireddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just a quick update. I deleted my code that i wrote in 'ZBUS2030->Existence Check method and generated. I ran SWUE with BUS2030 again. This time i am seeing that the WF ran well and sent emails as it should.

I also ran SWUE with ZBUS2030 and saw 2 entries. One entry for old WF and one entry for new WF. This time both the entries sent the emails. Not sure why ZBUS2030 is not triggering with VA11 tcode.

Thanks,

Karuna

encarrero
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check the tcode SWETYPV?

Regards,

Edited by: Enrique Carrero on Feb 14, 2012 10:31 AM

karuna_gangireddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. I checked again. I see a entry for ZBUS2030 with 'Type Linkage Active' being checked.

Thanks,

Karuna

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Maybe I wasn't being clear enough:

If ZBUS2030 is a subtype of BUS2030 then you should not be referencing ZBUS2030 anywhere. Just use BUS2030.

That is the whole point of sub-delegating. Hopefully you did not copy the BOR!

It sounds like you have added ZBUS2030 <event> as the starting event of your new workflow. That is your problem. Use BUS2030.

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If ZBUS2030 is a subtype of BUS2030 then you should not be referencing ZBUS2030 anywhere. Just use BUS2030.

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology