cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Week/monthwise AVERAGE value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Could you please send me the solution for the following scenario ASAP.

Infocube contains one year daywise data

Now I need to show the AVERAGE value of weekly/monthly and yearly.

what settings do I have at infocube/infoobject level and at query level?

kind regards,

Aru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You need to add 0CALWEEK,0CALMONTH,0CALYEAR time characteristics in your cube.

These 3 should be populated by the date field you currently have..the conversion will be automatically done in update rules..

Then in the Query you can get a weekly, monthly and a yearly avg by using restricted and calculated keyfigures..

Hope it helps

Ashish..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Yes, your first part of the answer has already been done. But in calculated keyfigures we don't have right formula to calculate the required AVERAGE.

Our concern is to calculate the weekly/monthly and yearly average on a single keyfigure.

FYI,

January--

week 1---999 record values

week 2---555 ''

week 3--- 67 ''

week 4---330 ''

Now we need the Average value of week 1

Average value of week 2

and then Average value of whole month January( i.e average value of all four weeks). Like this we need yearly average also.

kind regards,

Aru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aruna,

You can pull in CalYear, Cal Month and Cal Week into the rows...one below the other and then Right click on the Rows heading and select Display as Hierarchy..

Then in the coulumns have a formula ( Keyfigure / Count ) to get the avg..

This sould give you the desired result..

Let me know if you need further clarification..

Ashish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

I have followed your steps.In columns I have 'count[]' under 'Data Functions'only. I have used my formula as 'sales'/COUNT[] But experienced 'abort system error'.

Error description:

System error in program SAPLRRI2 and form CUDIM_FUELLEN_AVGWGR-01-

Message no. BRAIN299

Diagnosis

This internal error is a targeted termination since the program has an

incorrect status.

Procedure

Analyse the situation and inform SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aruna,

What is your formula to calculate average?

I guess the Count you are using is not what you want..

To get the right count pls refer to the document How to Count number of Occurances..

Refer to this link..and go thru the document..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7e58e690-0201-0010-fd85-a2f...

Let me know

ashish..

Message was edited by: Ashish Gour

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

I don't have Zcount or 0count keyfigure in my infocube and even in my infosourse also. But I found Zcount infoobject under another keyfigure catalog under different infoarea with properties summation as exceptional aggragation and Is this Zcount infoobject is useful for me or have to create similar one so that I will use this in my calculated key figure.

Another doubt is the infocube already has data(without Zcount). Now if we add this new Zcount in tranfer structure and in update rules can we get its impact

in calculated keyfigure in report or go for reload the whole data again into another infocube after Zcount is added ?

We are working on 3.0B.

kind regards,

Aruna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You will need to add the Count Key figure in the cube and populate it with constant value '1' in the update rules.

I believe you will have to reoad the data in the infocube.

Thats what we did !!!

Ashish..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

we got the solution as per your end-to-end step by step guidance.You helped us alot.But we populated count with constant value 1 in tranfer rules as we didn't find constant option in update rules. It worked out.

Thank you so much.

kind regards,

Aruna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Congrats...

I am Happy too..Finally I got some well deserved points..

Ashish..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Can we get the same Calculted keyfigure(CKF) at Infocube level? If yes, please send me the solution how to do that as the CKF at our query level doesn't serving our purpose effectively.

kind regards,

Aruna

Answers (0)