cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebIntelligence Filter for Null values or # on BW universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

XI 3.1 SP3 WebIntelligence on SAP BW UIniverse. When running a bex query we get values in the results set where a date field is # which I understand to be the default value from SAP when it is unassigned or NULL. Not sure of the sap terminology for this # or Hash.

Now, I am trying to replicate that bex query with a Web Intelligence Query built on a univrese that is derived from that Bex Query. If I run the query, it only returns values where the date is populated. if it is = # then no records return.

What I actually want is ONLY the records where the date field is unassigned or null. If in the query I build a condition that says where date = # it returns nothing. There is no operator for Is null or is not null since it is a BW universe. How do I return values where the date field is equal to "#" ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check that you actually see these '#' values in Analyzer, to remove the universe/Webi from the equation. Do you see the #'s?

If not: the issue is in your BEx query or below (e.g. InfoProvider). Do you have any character restrictions in place?

If so: then the issue is obviously in Webi or the universe. Check for filters in the universe. Check that you are including the same set of characteristics/key figures in Webi that you are when you checked in Analyzer.

Also, try this: add a new Webi report. In the query panel drag only the date dimension across to the filter pane. Select 'Values from List' then click refresh. What do you see? Do you see a 'Not Assigned' or '#'?

What is the name of the date characteristic you're talking about? (E.g. Fiscal year? Calendar Day?)

Hope that helps.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ended up being two different variables between bex query and bo query. Sorry

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Jack, are you able resolve this issue. I am having the same problem?

Thanks