cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webi Report ignores decimal values

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a report which takes data from a BI Infocube. I have BOE XI 3.1 installed on two systems. When I run this report on one system, the report works fine and numeric values are displayed along with decimal values ( ex 100.25). However the same report when executed in the other system ignores the decimal values (ex 100).

I check the preferred viewing locale in the preferences and it is set to default values in both the systems.

I have no clue what could have gone wrong.

Any inputs on this issue will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Rahul Mainkar

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

which version of BOBJ are you using?

Regards,

Stratos

0 Kudos

Sorry you already mentioned the verison in your posting. This is a known issue, which was corrected in Fix Pack 1.3. You can download the FixPack here [http://service.sap.com/patches]. Please make sure to upgrade not only the BOBJ server but also all BOBJ client installations and the int.Kit installation by installing at least Fix Pack 1.3 (The latest Fix pack is 1.7).

Regards,

Stratos

0 Kudos

Hi Stratos ,

Thanks for the tip. I just want to know how can we check if the fix pack is already installed on the system?

-Rahul

0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

go to the CMC and select Servers. Highlight the Central Management Server, invoke the context menu (right mouse button) and select Properties. Look in the Metrics for the build version of this component and post it here.

You can also look for the history.txt file within the BOBJ installation directory on your BOBJ server.

There is also a work-around for your problem (use a user with EN-US regional settings to run the BO services) but I would suggest to install the fix pack anyway.

Regards,

Stratos

0 Kudos

Hi Stratos,

The build number is 12.1.0.882. I guess the fix pack is not applied. But the strange thing is that both my systems have the same build number still one shows the decimal points while the other does'nt.

How can this happen ?

-Rahul

0 Kudos

You are right. No Fix Pack is installed.

Probably the system, which is NOT truncating the decimal part has been installed on a Windows server where the local system account has EN-US regional settings. This should not be the case for the system which is truncating your numbers.

A work-around is to create a domain account which is member of the local administrators group on the BOBJ servers. You should log on once on each of your two servers using this account and adjust the Regional Setting (Start->Control Panel) to English-United States. Invoke the CCM utility and open the Properties window of your SIA and Tomcat. Enter the credentials of your new user in the "Run as" area and restart your services. This will solve your problem.

Regards,

Stratos

0 Kudos

I have administrator role on both the servers and I checked the regional settings and it was not set to English-united States. Now I changed it to English. When I right click on the CCM and select properties of SIA and Tomcat, the login information is disabled and there is no option as 'Run as'

Is this something related to my account on the server? Will a simple restart work for me?

0 Kudos

Hi,

just stop the services first and open the Properties panel. In the Properties tab you hsould see an area Log on as. This is where you have to insert the credentials of the new user (sorry Run As was wrong)

Regards,

Stratos

0 Kudos

Hey Stratos,

It works fine for me!!

Thanks a lot for your kind support and patience. I really appreciate it.

Keep in touch.

Cheers !!

Rahul Mainkar

0 Kudos

Hi Stratos,

After successfully resolving the decimal point issue, I have a new set of problems.

When a webi report is run, it is displaying incorrect data.

For ex. I have a report which fetches data from a SAP BW BeX query and displays data in a table. Everything works fine except the data values. I have an extra digit in the data. The backend query returns a value 1260 and WEBI report displays it as 11260. Extra digit 1 is added as a prefix to the actual value.

This behavior is same for all the data numbers, 42 is displayed as 442 and 200 is displayed as 2200.

Any ideas of what is going wrong in this ?

Regards,

Rahul