cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webi Processing Server in Starting mode only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have XIR3.1 SP4 on windows 2008 R2 server.

We have a standalone installation, i.e. we have one prod server with tomcat on it (no cluster) and 8 web intelligence processing servers.

One of the WebI Processing Server has been in STARTING mode since the morning and I have restarted the server, stopped and then started but still it is still in the STARTING mode.

How do i fix this issue? Users have started experiencing performance issues.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you need to logs generated by that server to find out what's happening to it.

Since you have 8 webi servers, one server down can't have drastic effects on performance. See what else is happening on that box.

Do you have enought CPU and memory to support 8 Webi servers ?

Based on the findings from the logs, you can delete failing server and add new one in it's place ...etc...

Former Member
0 Kudos
  1. Navigate to WebI's cache directories - by default they are located in:
    <BOInstallDir>\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\Data\<CMS_port>\storage\
    <BOInstallDir>\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\Data\<CMS_port>\<CMS>.WebIntelligenceProcessingServer
  2. Delete the subdirectories to clear out existing cache
    Please note that Web Intelligence will have to recreate the cache, hence the initial WebI reporting activities may have a performance degradation until cache is re-established
  3. Clone the problematic Web Intelligence Processing Server  (CMC / Servers / Select the WebI Processing Server, right click and select Clone Server)
  4. Enable and Start the new Web Intelligence Processing Server
  5. Delete the problematic Web Intelligence Processing Server

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the responses.

For some reason the webi processing server was in starting mode since morning even after restarting, stopping and starting the server.

I then

- Disabled the server

- did forced termination

- waited for 2 mins.

- Enabaled the server

- Started the server

- waited for a min

- refreshed the server list and it was back online.

But I really appreciate all your response. I have made a note of it and will try if this issue reappears.

Thanks

former_member190781
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could also check the event viewer and if you see some warning messages like trasnport communication failure then IP bind the WIPS, CMC > Servers > Properties of WIPS and in the host identifier section select IP address and provide the IP add of the server.

If there are multiple NIC cards on the server then make sure that the IP address in use by BO is the primary.

Regards,

Sohel