cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEBI 4.0: Inconsistency of subquery defined in report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing very weird issue with the subquery defined in the report. I have two data providers in report having similar filter criteria but during runtime the condidtions define under subquery of first data provider comes out of the subquery panel automatically whenever report is refreshed. But the same doesn't happens for the second data provider, though both have the same filter/subquery conditions. Is there any setting which needs to be done for this.

I am working on BO 4.0 Patch 11.

Please suggest me what needs to be done to resolve this issue if any one has come across this kind of issue.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Ankita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did anyone find any solution for this?

Regards,

Ankita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ankit,

Can you please mentioned your issue in detail..if possible please share some snaps.

Regards,

Naveen D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Naveen for your immediate response.

Sharing snaps will not be possible. But i will try to explain it in brief.

We have a report which is having two data providers with same filter conditions. There are around 10 conditions mentioned in subquery of each data provider, now after generating report if i edit the query then only 1 condition out of 10 will be there inside sub query panel and rest 9 comes out in query filter box. This is happening for only 1 data provider as the other one works fine.

Hope the description is enough about the query.

Regards,

Ankita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankita,

When you view the SQL, do you observe the same behavior?

If not, then it could be specific to visual and not SQL generation.

I doubt if it is a bug as the second query with subquery (and filters) is working fine.

Corruptions are common in any kind of softwares.

Try the following steps and check if it works:

1. Go to Query Panel by editing the report.

2. Right click on Query Name and choose "Duplicate Query". (this option is present in Webi  3.1 so I hope it will be there in BO 4.0 as well).

3. Note down the name of the non-working query from Properties and delete this query.

4. Rename the Duplicate query with name taken in Step# 3 and run the queries.

I am suggesting to rename the duplicate query with name of non-working query so that the report variables based on non-working query do not get affected.

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Yuvraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yuvraj,

Yes, the SQL also reflects the same behavior.

I tried the steps mentioned by you but no luck. Since the report is generated by using universe I can't even use custom SQL option to meet the requirement.

Kindly suggest some other method to achieve this.

Regards,

Ankita