cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEBGUI passing multiple values to one field via url

SchmidM
Explorer

Hi,

i have the requirement to pass a mulitselection via url parameter to a webgui transaction. The business case is to pass the excluded status 'EROF' and 'TABG' to the transaction IW39.

It is no problem to pass a single value (e.g. stae1-low=EROF) via url parameter. But how can i pass multiple ones?

I already tried the following without success:

- stae1-low=EROF,TABG

- stae1-low=TABG&stae1-low=EROF

Thank you for your help.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But that is a static variant and not a URL you can create with dynamic parameters.

amontella96
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hey gregorw i agree but i don't see anywhere the request of dynamic parameters, i read only "multiple", if i misunderstood i will delete my answer of course

maximilian.schmid what do you think?

thanks!A

SchmidM
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi amontella96

as gregorw mentioned, your suggestion is more a static solution because you would need to create

for every possible situation its own variant, which not practicable. I my case, i need it more dynamical.

However, the suggested solution is great, when you want to launch a variant directly via Tile in the FLP.

By the way, did you test the link you posted or was this just suggestion (because it does not work for me) ?

View Entire Topic
SchmidM
Explorer

The answer from the SAP Basis Development Team was, that this is not possible at the moment. They suggested to create a wrapper transaction which implements the logic as a workaround.

Here the orginal statement:

[...]The URL-syntax used via the WebGUI is essentially the same as the OK-Code syntax that one can enter as Short-Cut.

This syntax is very limited and is based only on field-value pairs that allow for prefilling input fields of a Dynpro with exactly one value. More advanced selection criteria (such as select options of selection screens) can not be maintained via this approach. We identified this as a requirement and development topic already; however, as of today, I cannot tell you when such a feature will be available. If it will be available, this would also be available in a future release (most likely a down-port is not possible).

The only work around that we could suggest is to create wrapper transactions and wrapper screen (i.e. screen that provides single fields for from- and to-values) and implement a logic that converts this. [...]

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Quite disappointing that this topic was never addressed in the years that SAP GUI for HTML now exists.

SchmidM
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi gregorwolf,

yes, I agree. Do you think a customer improvement reqeust would accelerate this?

gregorw
Active Contributor

At least we can make other SAP Customers and Partners aware of it and also better keep track.

PaulTiemann
Participant
0 Kudos
I would also like to have this feature. Can I vote for it anywhere?
gregorw
Active Contributor
If you create an influencing request at https://influence.sap.com/ and post it here: Yes.