cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpros with Enterprise 47

0 Kudos

Hi All,

i got another interesting question:

we are on Enterprise 47 rel.1 (WAS620) with EP60.

Now, we want to use SAP/Adobe Interactive Forms with webdynpros, but it is absolutely not possible for us to upgrade production box to Netweaver yet.

Questions:

1. can we use Adobe forms with webdynpro support in the current environment by just adding a WAS640 to the landscape? If yes, what configuration should be done on the portal to support it?

2. if we add WAS640 to the environment, will we be able to use new ESS/MSS packages with Webdynpro support, considering that HR box is still on enterprise 47 (WAS620)

3. Is it better to upgrade current system to Enterprise 47 rel.2 (which is i assume WAS630 that should support webdynpros)? Is such an upgrade a big deal?

4. Are there any better alternatives?

Thank you,

SB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

wenshan_liu
Explorer
0 Kudos

If your HR box is 4.7, you won't be able to use the new WebDynpro based ESS/MSS.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

<i>1. can we use Adobe forms with webdynpro support in the current environment by just adding a WAS640 to the landscape? If yes, what configuration should be done on the portal to support it?</i>

<b>I would suggest upgrading your portal to run on 6.40. It could be a big deal. I don't know if there is any "click, click, upgrade". Then you portal would be running on 6.40 and you can develop your webdynpro applications which could that make RFC calls to your 4.7 backend.</b>

<i>2. if we add WAS640 to the environment, will we be able to use new ESS/MSS packages with Webdynpro support, considering that HR box is still on enterprise 47 (WAS620)</i>

<b>I don't think that they will work with a 4.7 system</b>

<i>3. Is it better to upgrade current system to Enterprise 47 rel.2 (which is i assume WAS630 that should support webdynpros)? Is such an upgrade a big deal?</i>

<b>As far as I know, 6.30 was never released, it was polished up and released as 6.40</b>

Regards,

RIch Heilman