cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Template dataproviders running sequentially?

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, We have a single web template with about 6 dataproviders. We are noticing that the data providers are executing serially and we always thought that they would run in parallel?.. If a dataprovider is assigned to a query on a multiprover the SQL runs in parallel fine.

It just looks like each dataprovider is running sequentially. Can someone verify if they should be running sequentially or in parallel for a single web template? If they should be parallel then what needs to be done to work?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

I am also facing same problem. 10 Data Providers are linked to one web template.

I think all the queries are running sequentially. And it is causing performance issue.

Can you pls tell me how did you solve your problem.

Pls email me at srikanth_s9@yahoo.com.

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Closing Question

Assigning Points

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kenneth,

The dataproviders are mentioned in the template. You can see the same in the HTML and my guess is that the HTML is read sequentially and thus the queries are executed sequentially.

Not sure if this can be made parallel

Arun

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kenneth,

The dataproviders are linked to the web items and there is a possibility that there is some change to the web item and hence data providers are executed in that order. But why do you want them to run in parallel ? Is it for a performance issue ? But I don't think this affects performance...

Arun

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure what you mean by "hence data provider are executed in that order", but yes everything about reporting in BW is about performance.

My thought is that all of the data providers/web items should be executed in parallel on a web template! Can anyone tell me if there is a reason the data providers/web items are being executed in parallel?

Thanks!